Jan 4, 2008 at 1:34 AM
Edited Jun 23, 2008 at 10:29 AM
1. How to build ironscheme.boot file?
From the REPL run (ironscheme-build) or from the commandline: ironscheme.console /run:ironscheme-buildscript.ss. This can take 20-60 seconds.
Restart ironscheme.console, it will now compile the output from the build and load normally. This can take 10-30 seconds. It will now use the built file for future sessions.
2. How do I run IronScheme on Mono?
Start the Mono Command Prompt, change directory to your IronScheme install location, start with: mono IronScheme.Console.exe -notabcompletion. Mono 1.2.6 is roughly 3 times slower than MS .NET 2. From a little testing, it appears there are a few bugs with Mono
(not sure why though).
3. How do I interact with the CLR?
Accessing the CLR from IronScheme is trivial. Here are a list of syntax forms for generation direct method calls, and direct field access to CLR types.
Helpers for .NET people:
4. What editor/IDE can I use?
- An IronScheme/R6RS system is available in xacc.ide. It also provides an interactive console, outlining, navigation and code completion.
- Emacs with NeilVanDyke's quack.el
- SchemeWay plugin with Eclipse
5. How is the DLR different in IronScheme?
- Compiler focused, not interpreter focused
- Much smaller
- Supports tail calls
- Support direct method references