Running the interactive console
- Desktop: double click IronScheme
- Windows: IronScheme.Console
- Mono: mono IronScheme.Console.exe (where the latter can be found)
The interactive console will run a file called init.ss
from the current directory.
Use the TAB key for context sensitive command completion in the REPL.
- Desktop: n/a (you could provide your own file association, if desired)
- Windows: IronScheme.Console filename args ...
- Mono: mono IronScheme.Console.exe filename args ...
Evaluating expressions from the command line
echo (+ 1 2) | IronScheme.Console
- Desktop: n/a
- Windows: IronScheme.Console filename -compile
- Mono: mono IronScheme.Console.exe filename -compile
Compiling is not really compiling. It only does the expansion process.
This however, is normally a time consuming process, depending on macro usage.
Thus, the files can load and compile in a very quick time.