Problem imorting streams

Oct 16, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Hello leppie,

I really appreciate your excellent work in developing IronScheme.  I anticipate using it quite a lot, especially when I need to interact with hardware.

I was trying to load the (srfi streams) library as follows:

(import
    (rnrs)
    (rnrs eval)
    (srfi streams)
    ;(srfi :41 streams)
    )

(define test-stream (list->stream (list 1 2 3 4)))

(display "test-stream = ") (write (stream->list test-stream)) (newline)

When I do, I get the following warnings:

WARNING: precompiled library (c:\Program Files\IronScheme/srfi/streams.ss) could not load.
WARNING: precompiled library (c:\Program Files\IronScheme/srfi/streams/primitive.ss) could not load.
WARNING: precompiled library (c:\Program Files\IronScheme/srfi/streams/derived.ss) could not load.

However, it appears that the streams library is loading as the code above when run yields:

test-stream = (1 2 3 4)

When I replace the (srfi streams) with (srfi :41 streams), I get the same results, but without the warning output.  I was wondering why this happened so that I know how to correctly import libraries in the future.

Thanks for you time and efforts,

Al

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2009 at 5:05 AM

Hi

You can safely ignore that warning.

The reason you are getting it, is that I changed the locations where they are found a few beta's back.

This would have happened if you installed over a previous version.

You should be using the (srfi :41) or (srfi :41 streams) version (both the same).

The easiest to 'fix' this, is to backup anything you need inside the IronScheme directory, and then uninstall and re-install.

Cheers

leppie

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Thanks.  Keep up the good work!

Al